The requirements for recertification have CHANGED as of January 1, 2015. Please
make sure you are using the 2015 version of the application for recertification
when applying. If you submit an old version of the application for recertification,
please note that it cannot be accepted.
CAMTC certification is only for a period of two years. You must apply for recertification
every two years. There are two ways to recertify with CAMTC:
Certificate Holders may apply for recertification 90-days prior to their expiration
date. As a courtesy, CAMTC may send notification to you, by email and regular mail,
reminding you of the need to recertify. Please make sure that you have updated your
contact information, including primary email address, within 30 days of any changes
to ensure that you receive a reminder of your need to recertify. It is your responsibility,
as a certificate holder, to submit a fully completed application for recertification
and ensure that it is received by CAMTC before the expiration date
listed on your certificate. Reminder notifications may be sent to you as a courtesy
only, and failure to receive a reminder notification does not waive your
responsibility to submit a fully completed application for recertification and ensure
that it is received before your current certificate expires.
Certificate Holders who have submitted a complete application for recertification
that is received and approved at least 30-days before expiration, with no background
issues, will have a new certificate and ID card mailed by date of expiration. Please
notify CAMTC if your certificate mailing has not reached you within 30-days of the
The two-year recertification fee is $150.00. Failure to submit a fully completed
application for recertification that is received by CAMTC before your certificate
expires will result in a late fee of $25 - $90 if the application for recertification
is received by CAMTC within six months of your certificate expiring. If a fully
completed application for recertification is not received by CAMTC within six months
of your certificate expiring, you will be required to apply for certification as
a new applicant, and you will have to meet all of the requirements for certification
that exist at the time your application is received. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES CAN THIS
LATE FEE OR POLICY BE WAIVED.
When you reapply, you will need to start the certification process all over again,
including obtaining new live scans, and you may no longer qualify.
Once your certificate has expired, you will not be able to recertify through the
online process. You will need to contact CAMTC for your late fee amount and mail
the total payment in with your application for recertification.
If you have any questions regarding the recertification process, please contact
EXPIRED CERTIFICATE HOLDERS - YOU CAN STILL RECERTIFY!
No additional education or exam required.
As of July 1, 2016, CAMTC has instituted a new one-time policy for a very limited time only (until December 30, 2016), allowing past certificate holders (CMPs and CMTs) who expired on or after January 1 of 2013 to re-certify more than six months after the expiration of their certificates, as long as they meet the following requirements.
Who Does This Policy Apply to?
- This policy only applies to those who were previously certified by CAMTC as a CMP or a CMT. It does not apply to those who were previously certified as a CCMP when their certificate expired.
- This policy only applies to those whose certificates have been expired for more than six months and whose certificates expired on or after January 1 of 2013. It does not apply to former certificate holders whose certificates expired before January 1, 2013.
- This policy only applies to certificate holders whose certificates were in good standing at the time of expiration. It does not apply to those who have had their CAMTC certificate revoked or nullified or to those whose certificates were suspended at the time of expiration. It does not apply to past certificate holders who have applied for recertification or certification and had their application for recertification or certification denied.
How Long Will This Second Chance Policy Be in Effect?
- This policy will only be in effect for the limited time period of July 1, 2016 through December 30, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. (PST).
What Are the Requirements That Must Be Met In Order For This Policy to Apply?
- Applicants must have been certified by CAMTC as a CMP or a CMT and had a certificate that was in good standing when it expired (not suspended, revoked, or nullified, or application denied).
- CMP or CMT certificate must have been expired for more than six months and certificate must have expired on or after January 1 of 2013.
- CAMTC must RECEIVE all of the following on or after July 1, 2016 and by or before 11:59 p.m. (PST) on December 30, 2016 (a postmark date will not suffice) in order for this policy to apply:
If all required items are not received by or before December 30, 2016, the requirements of this policy will not have been met and CAMTC will consider the application to be incomplete and the file will be purged, though the individual may still reapply as a new applicant. All fees, including the late fee, are non-refundable.
- A completely filled out Limited Application for Recertification and all supporting documents;
- All fees have been paid; and
- A new Livescan must be performed and submitted.
Please note, CAMTC recommends that the application and all supporting documents be mailed well in advance of the December 30, 2016 cut off date, as December 30, 2016 is the last date that documents must be received in order for this policy to apply, regardless of the date documents were post-marked or mailed.
- The following fees apply to this Limited Application for Recertification:
- All regular application fees, including but not limited to the $150 fee for the application; and
- An additional $125 late fee.
- Applications received pursuant to this policy will be processed in accordance with CAMTC's standard operating procedures for applications for recertification. This policy only allows for the late receipt of applications for recertification and has no bearing on whether the application received will be approved or denied.
Click here to download a printable Limited Application for Recertification
Click here to download a printable live scan service form for fingerprinting