NOTICE TO APPLICANTS
On September 19, 2018, the Governor signed SB 1480 into law. Among other things, this bill changes the Massage Therapy Act so that starting on January 1, 2019 through December 31, 2020, passage of a CAMTC approved exam will not be required for CAMTC Certification.
ATTENTION NEW AND RETURNING APPLICANTS
First Time Applicants: Click register the first time using our new website to complete an online Application for CAMTC Certification. After you register, you will be sent a temporary password to set up an account with CAMTC.
Returning Applicants: If you have already submitted an Application for CAMTC Certification and the Application is currently in process, click register in order to access your account.
Once your account is set-up, or if you've already registered and received a password, you can login to complete your Application for CAMTC Certification using our online process.
Please Note: Applicant account information is currently under construction. All registered applicants will receive an email notification once the system is fully functional and applicants can view their status. In the meantime, please contact our customer service department for a status update at email@example.com or call (916) 669-5336.
Payment by Credit Card: Online Applications can only be paid by credit card. To pay by check, you must apply with a paper Application.
Payment by Other Methods: Paper Applications can be paid by credit card, check, cashier's check or money order. (Note that CAMTC does not accept temporary checks.)
Download Paper Application: The 2019 Application for CAMTC Certification with Instructions can be printed by clicking here for the printable instructions and application.
MASSAGE APPLICANTS - HELPFUL INFORMATION
If you would like anyone to be able to receive information regarding your application or status, please fill out the form at this link.
Have all requirements met before submitting your Application, including but not limited to:
- Live Scan using the form at Request for Live Scan Service.
- 500 hours of education from a CAMTC Approved Massage Program, including a minimum of 100 hours of core subjects: anatomy & physiology, contraindications, health & hygiene, and business & ethics.
Please expect the application process to take approximately ninety (90) days for COMPLETE Applications that have no background or educational issues to be processed.
A complete Application includes a signed and dated Application on which complete, true, and accurate answers to all of the questions have been provided. Additionally, a complete Application includes payment in full, passport photo, copy of a non-expired government issued photo ID, original sealed transcripts sent directly from school(s) to CAMTC, and live scan fingerprinting results have been received.
A complete Application also includes explanations for any background questions where the applicant answered 'yes'. Applications with issues, including but not limited to those received from applicants with criminal convictions, civil or administrative citations or where local action has been taken against the applicant, complaints have been made in relation to an applicant's professional conduct, or those with education issues can take a significantly longer period of time.
CAMTC shall take into account all reliable evidence of rehabilitation furnished by the applicant or certificate holder. Go to the Criteria for Proving Rehabilitation for more information.
Please note: If you are submitting an Application online and have difficulty, email CAMTC at firstname.lastname@example.org with your Name and Member ID#.
You can check on the status of your application by contacting CAMTC at email@example.com or (916) 669-5336. We appreciate your patience while some areas of our new website are under construction.
If your CAMTC Certificate and CAMTC ID Card have not reached you by 10 days of email notification that your Application has been approved, please contact CAMTC at firstname.lastname@example.org or 916-669-5336.
Original CAMTC Certificates (not photocopies) are required by California State Law to be displayed at each workplace location. If you order extra CAMTC Certificates, they might be mailed separately and arrive later than your initial CAMTC Certificate and CAMTC ID Card.
Closed School Policy
CAMTC will accept education for CAMTC Certification purposes from schools closed on or before June 30, 2016, with either no lawful custodian of records or a lawful custodian of records that is not a CAMTC Approved School as long as all of the following conditions are met:
1) The education occurred at a time when the closed school was approved or accredited by at least one of the organizations listed in California Business and Professions Code section 4601;
2) The closed school is or was not subject to any disciplinary actions or pending investigations by any approval or accrediting agencies, Law Enforcement Agencies (LEA), government agencies, CAMTC or other massage or school related entities;
3) The applicant for CAMTC Certification provides verifiable proof that the education received at the closed school meets minimum standards for training and curriculum and the statutory education requirements for CAMTC Certification; and
4) The individual application for CAMTC CMT Certification is received in the CAMTC office on or before December 31, 2020. Applicants whose applications are received after this date may still use education from closed schools described in the Policies and Procedures for Approval of Schools section 3.A.a. for CAMTC Certification purposes as long as they either provide proof of current and continuous city and/or county permit(s) to provide massage for compensation, or they pass a CAMTC Education Hearing (oral telephonic hearing or consideration of a written statement).
If you experience any problems during registration or login, please contact CAMTC for assistance at email@example.com or (916) 669-5336.